Grace United Methodist Church is a growing congregation! We are using the current building to its maximum capacity for Sunday School, children’s, youth and seniors’ events, music, mission and weekday small group/community ministry – and more people arrive all the time to have living relationships with God and reflect the Light of Christ. Let’s make space for all the people God is sending to us!
Lighting the Way: Building by the Grace of God is our opportunity to invest in the future of Grace UMC’s ministries. These are uncertain financial times for many, but we remember that the existing building was also built in tough economic times, and we see how twice as many people are now worshiping God in this place and more than 10 times as many are in Sunday School and small groups! We are excited to make that same kind of courageous and generous investment for future generations.
Your tax-deductible financial gifts to the expansion of the building will let new ministries reach people in our church and community who are looking for a vital relationship with God in Jesus Christ. We hope you will join with church leaders in making a commitment to the future at whatever level you can give.
For at least a decade, Grace has been challenged by the need for more space. We have had to say no to a number of groups, both within and outside the Grace community, simply because we do not have the classroom space to accommodate them. We pray for sunshine days when we expect crowds (like our annual church picnic, VBS Hot Dog Night, large funerals, etc) so the overflow can gather outside. We limit our ministry dreams because we lack the facilities to accomplish those visions.
This is not a “Build it and They Will Come” expansion mentality. Instead, we need to build it so that we can be all that God calls us to be. We hope to Light the Way so that others in our community can feel the love that Christ offers each of us.
Our 11,696 sq ft expansion includes:
- A new and larger Fellowship Hall (seats 320 at tables) with a commercial kitchen, elevated platform, and storage space for tables & chairs
- 4 new classrooms, including a divisible room with exterior access and bathroom ideal for groups, and dedicated youth space (also with a divider)
- Restrooms for men & women equipped with two showers each
- Conversion of existing Fellowship Hall into Children’s Ministry space
- Covered entrance from parking lot into addition
- Alloted space for patio, memorial garden, and columbarium
Our expansion plan has already been approved by the following bodies:
- Grace’s Building, Lighting the Way, and Finance committees
- United Methodist Bi-District Church Location and Building Committee
- City of Manassas: Special Use Permit
- Virginia United Methodist Development Co.
How can you help?
- Continue giving to our LTW fund
- Make a financial commitment to our next Lighting the Way campaign which will begin in June 2019.
- Invest in the Virginia United Methodist Development Company; individual investments not only benefit participants with above-standard rates of return, but as a church, we can reduce our loan’s interest rate