Hear from Pastor Drew and Pastor Jessica about this exciting season at Grace and how to fill out your Engagement Card!
The Ministry Match is a fun survey designed to help you discover serving opportunities aligned to your gifts and interests. As part of the 2022 Engage with Grace season, we invite everyone at Grace UMC to take this survey, review your results (sent to you via email), and pray about your next steps for further ministry engagement!
Ministry Match FAQs
A survey to match your talents with ministries of the church
- How was this survey created?
- This platform was created by a team from our consultant partners at Ministry Architects. The Grace UMC Vision Team pulled together a group of 6 people (a mix of staff and Vision Team folks) to create the survey using Grace UMC information. Their work included interviewing the staff and volunteer leaders of every ministry group at the church to create “volunteer job descriptions” – 91 in total! These job descriptions are linked in the survey results that you receive once you answer the questions.
- Who should complete the Ministry Match?
- Everyone who considers Grace UMC their church should complete the survey. This is intended to help anyone who is part of our church find some uniquely matched opportunities to engage with the church.
- How often do I take this survey?
- Right now we are inviting everyone to take it once. As ministry groups change and morph over time, we will be able to use this tool to match folks to new opportunities and we may invite you to take it again.
- How long does it take to get results?
- Your results come in an email right after you hit the submit button on the survey.
- Does taking the survey sign me up/commit me to a volunteer position?
- Nope. Taking the survey is purely informational. You are invited to pray over the results. If one of your matches sparks an immediate interest, you can contact the ministry leader and ask to get involved right away. Otherwise, someone will contact you when there is a need in one of the roles you matched with.
- When will someone contact me about my suggested matches?
- It may be a few weeks or a few months before you get invited to participate in a volunteer role you matched with. It is completely dependent on the needs of the ministry!
- Who do I contact if I have questions or need help?
- You may reach out to Cindy in the main office at any time! She can connect you with the right person to help you. email@example.com or by phone (M-F, 9am-2pm) at 703-361-7800. You can also ask Pastor Drew or Pastor Jessica questions about the Ministry Match!