Interested in starting a new mission project or expanding on something you are already involved in? Grace is the place for mission and we’d love to hear your suggestions! Click here to send us your ideas!
We hope you will consider becoming involved in at least one ministry area here at Grace, beyond simply attending worship services on Sunday. Involvement offers innumerable rewards to those who participate in serving the church and in sharing their time with others. All of our activities and ministries rely on dedicated volunteers and members to keep them going. Our Care, Grow, Worship and Kids/Students pages describe many of our ministries and activities and we invite you to check them out for more information. However, there are plenty of other ways to get involved at Grace, too. Here are a few opportunities not listed on those other pages.
If you have any questions about any of these ministries, or would like to learn how to get started, please contact us!
Worship Support Opportunities
- Ushers help distribute bulletins before services; help members and visitors feel welcome; help collect the offering; respond to special needs during worship service.
- Greeters and Welcome Table Helpers greet and welcome people as they enter the church before worship services; answer questions; guide visitors.
- Lay Readers, on a rotational basis, read the first scripture lesson during morning worship services. We welcome older children and youth to be Lay Readers, too.
- Acolytes are children and youth in 4th-9th grades who light the candles before morning services and help with collecting Children’s Time offering and during baptisms.
- Nursery Helpers assist Nursery staff in caring for babies and toddlers during worship services, Sunday school and other special events.
- Audio-Visual Team prepares, sets up and operates the sound equipment and video equipment for worship services and other church events on a rotational basis.
- Coffee Hour Helpers are split into two teams who help on a rotational basis between services on Sunday mornings. The Prep Team prepares the coffee, hot water, snacks and condiments; the Server Team sets out the snacks and condiments, serves the juice, and cleans up.
Administrative Support Opportunities
- Office Helpers answer phones, greet visitors and perform light office duties during the week. Helpers typically work one morning or afternoon shift per week or every other week, and we welcome newcomers to our “substitute helper” list.
- Spanish Translation Helpers are available by phone, email or presence to assist the church staff in preparing signs and handouts in Spanish. We have an on-going need for Spanish translators for our Caring and Sharing program, too.
- Filing & Computer Support is sometimes needed by our Music Ministry and Program Ministry staffs.
Building and Grounds Support Opportunities
- Grounds Keeping Team helps as needed with weeding, mulching and trimming flower beds and landscaping.
- Lawn Mowing Team helps, on a rotational basis, to trim and cut grass on assigned areas of the church grounds, using the church’s riding lawn mower, push mower and other equipment.
- Repair & Paint Team assists the Maintenance and Project Staff as needed with light repairs around the church.
- Snow Removal Team helps to make sure the sidewalks are cleared and safe after snow and ice events. The church has a snow blower, shovels, de-icer, and a small plow on our lawn mower.